Thursday, July 26, 2012

LA Observed, Reading & Analyzation



LA Observed is a news blog site updating you on the latest headlines that are happening in LA with a sophisticated edge. Its void of snarky headlines and attitude but you'll a get personal opinion here & there from their writers.

The first post I read was a feature article "High Reason For Wrangling Rattlers,"about a snake wrangler, Bo Slyapich. After reading halfway through it I got a little bored. The story was a bit too long for my taste, maybe a good read if you had the time for it. Although the writer did fill it with interesting pictures and a video of Bo wrangling a rattlesnake, having the vid saved the story for me.

On the top right corner there was a link to a story about athletes getting naked for ESPN's The body issue. "Angeleno athletes all over ESPN's Body Issue," Hooray for that! Off-course which I've already seen on ESPN's website. Last years issue had my favorite athlete, Alicia Sacramone. An artistic gymnast who I love and adore, not an Angeleno but the pic is awesome!

LA Observed also provides links to major news outlets, like the LA Times, BBC, Gawker and many other world and LA news sites. It's nice to have friends and rivals in high places. An awesome feature on the sports page was the SoCal Venues lists, which links every sports venue you could possibly find in LA. This is where The LAO scored some points from me.

I clicked on Hollywood Closeup, thinking it would be filled with Hollywood drama, not a chance on LAO. I get the feeling they don't indulge in that sort of nonsense. "Weird Day of Actual Celebrity News" a quick little post about celebrity news, obviously the writer was reluctant to put it up but did. I thought it was funny, because they are not a tabloid of any kind.

Also read the blog post "Hollywoodland -- your land, my land" I loved it. It had great pictures of the Hollywood sign as well as the beautiful landscape views. This is why I love Los Angeles, it's filled with rich history and interesting pictures and sometimes you find a gem in all the mess. I felt a sense of pride to be an Angeleno.



No comments:

Post a Comment